Desktop-class performance for notebook computers.
Maximize notebook computer performance with this 7200 RPM, SATA 3 Gb/s, high-capacity hard drive.
Designed with top-of-the-line notebook computers in mind, this high performance drive delivers the capacity and speed needed to supercharge a notebook PC without compromising battery life or quiet acoustics. Features like these also make this drive an outstanding option for compact desktops, external hard drives, gaming systems, and blade servers.
Desktop-class performance for notebook computers
- With 7200 RPM spin speed, 16 MB cache, and capacities up to 750 GB, these drives enable you to have the best of both worlds: the capacity and performance of a desktop PC with the convenience and portability of a notebook.
- WD's 750 GB 2.5-inch drives offer huge capacity for space-hungry operating systems like Windows Vista®, with plenty of room left over for photos, music, and video.
Low power consumption
- With technologies like IntelliSeek, which calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption and SecurePark, which reduces power by parking the heads during low power idle mode [View demo], this drive delivers 5400 RPM-equivalent power consumption in a 7200 RPM drive.
- In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD's exclusive WhisperDrive combines state-of-the-art seeking algorithms to yield one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market.
Reliable and rugged
Tested for compatibility
WD's ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks during shipping and handling and in daily operation.
WD's SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear and improved shock tolerance.
- We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give WD customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
Advanced Format (AF)
- Technology being adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers as one of multiple ways to continue growing hard drive capacities. AF is a more efficient media format that enables increased areal densities.